Friday, June 23, 2006

Hummers

Thought that'd get your attention...

I think I'll take this time to bitch about Hummers. No, boys, not the sloppy wet kind. The monsterous gas guzzling beasts that seem to be plaguing Findlay.

Seriously folks, there are no deserts, sand dunes or Taliban here nor anywhere remotely close to here. But if you must display your testosterone, be my guest. I am the last person who will bitch about freedom of speech.

Whether it is patriotic symbolism (the most expensive kind- go buy a flag) or snobby rich people saying "fuck gas prices, I'll pay $10 a gallon", I will never stop to be amazed at the pure nonsensical "throw it in your face" mannerism of certain people.

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this. I know for a fact that I'm judging without knowing. I hate that about myself right now. But I was stopped at a stoplight (actually, yes, on my bike) staring at this beast of a machine, and I just couldn't make any sense of it.
I love this world. So let's keep it. Buy a bike.

No comments: