Thursday, August 10, 2006

Apparently I do have a little religion in me!

You scored as Buddhism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already.
In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism 92%
Satanism 83%
agnosticism 83%
Islam 67%
Hinduism 58%
Paganism 58%
atheism 42%
Christianity 25%
Judaism 25%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)created with QuizFarm.com

BTW, I'm not really a Satanist. I'd have to actually believe in Satan to be a Satanist. But as a fun little fact, I just read that Satanists aren't really all that purely evil like I always thought (thanks, Mom.) They don't go around killing people for fun, or act like vampires or beat Christians senseless. "They celebrate a pre-Christian notion of Satan, one that is centered on individuality, sensuality, and an aversion to mainstream convention." (From the book I just read.) So aside from celebrating Satan, I guess you could probably, according to that definition, call me a Satanist. Wow. Did I just say that? If there's a hell, I'm definitely going. So for all you out there who are hovering over the "delete friend" button, STOP! I'm actually just really open minded. But not to the point that I'd eat your children for dinner.
Good greif, Charlie Brown. Where has my good blog gone?

No comments: