Friday, November 17, 2006

Well shit.

For some reason I found myself in an awesome mood all day today. It was a good day; I drank heavily on a Thursday night with my co-workers and then spent the day working together hung over together. I went home excited to think the kids were going to spend the weekend with their dad (at their grandma's under strict observation) but nonetheless gone, and I'd have the weekend to myself.

Well, I've been trying to get ahold of Asshole since I got home from work (he was supposed to meet me ASAP) to no avail. Which usually means he is full of worthless promises (big suprise) and I won't actually have that wonderfull weekend to myself afterall. (Big suprise.)

Then there's this neigborhood kid who spends every waking moment at my house tearing up my house. She seems like a good kid for the most part, but I can't keep my house clean when she's here. She gets here as early as humanly possible and doesn't leave till late. (Her mother has NEVER called looking for her.) She rides the same bus as my kids, gets dropped off one stop before mine do, and today she is here ringing the doorbell 5 minutes before they even get here. I don't answer the door, just to make a point. She wants to come in. I say the kids have to pack 'cause they're leaving tonite for their dad's (I thought.) She wants to know if she can spend the weekend with their dad too. I say no. She leaves. She's back in 10 minutes wanting to know if she can play with them after they're done packing. I say no. She finally leaves after 15 minutes of negotiating. GO AWAY!

Then, I read a very disheartening blog of my dearest friend that very nearly made me cry.

Oh, and did I mention that I scheduled an appointment with a neurosurgeon in Chicago for like next week? For life-changing, dangerous, expensive, old person-making back surgery? Oh yes, a whole new blog. Someday.

P.S. I hate the fall. It's shitty outside, cold, and it's been raining so much that the dogs are covered in mud. And they forget that they're not allowed to jump on you when you're wearing your nicest clothes.
Well, shit. It appears I've gone and put myself into a crappy mood.

No comments: